Friday, December 5, 2008

Corporate Messages

To be completely honest about this topic, my answers can go both ways i have realized that yes media has a way of getting our attention but so what!!!!!! We as people don't have to watch it and yes their is the other side that this is so much bullshit and they are trying to send us messages in the world today that we know we really don't need and don't want. So why are we wasting time answering this question.
THE BAD
When I first get home my television shows like, gossip girl, One tree hill, and The hills and all the fame and money that they have makes me want it too. These are the things i run to because they entertain me and keep me wanting to know more about people's lives.
Other views for example is my grandparents talk about what goes on in the world and most people live in fear because of what the gov. talks about and warn me that there are crazy people and I should be at home at a certain time.

THE GOOD
My views of the corporate messages of one of the greatest fashion shows of all time, the Victoria Secret, portrays a message that not to eat little or lose a lot of weight but to have a lot of confidence in what ever it is that makes you happy. I believe this because most models talk about the struggles and the hardships of being a model. But that is what makes them strong at doing what they do! Sometimes having this big dream makes people question what they do

Another example would be Oprah, she has alot of fame and glory but it doesn't mean she is still the same person who came from the same places that most people come from. Money doesn't change a persons feelings it helps those feelings of charity benefits and fundraisers help them in need. Not only is it with models but also with singer and writers for books, yes they have a lot of pressure to live up to. Still they love what they do so, is portrays that working hard helps you achieve your goals.

No comments: